The Academic Director (AD) is regarded the chief academic officer of an educational insititution (university). two The AD is responsible for everyday academic oversight including the curriculum, course development, quality assurance of academic offerings, evaluation of learning outcomes, submission of accreditation reports, recruitment and superevision of faculty and academic body of workers
Reports to: Campus Head
Location : Accra
Key Responsibilities include:
- Establish and reinforce academic policies and procedures to ensure quality of academic offerings.
- Plan and coordinate a balanced curriculum for both undergraduate and graduate programmes in consultation with the institution’s head office and local heads of department (HoDs).
- Ensure routine communication with various schools, colleges and departments of the institution’s head office to align the campus’ academic programmes with the overall mission and policies.
- Provide leadership and supervision to HoDs, faculty and academic staff
- Monitor and report on student performance to leadership, collaborating with the undergraduate and graduate advising departments on issues related to academic probation and/or dismissal of students.
- Participate in hiring procedures of new faculty and lead faculty orientations and semester meetings as required.
- Promote faculty professional development, scholarship and research Prepare and submit academic accreditation reports as needed
- Implement the institutions core curriculum for undergraduates and graduate programmes.
- Teach selected courses for both undergraduate and graduate cohorts (dependent upon background and qualifications).
- Update and implement campus specific faculty handbook and evaluations.
- Liaise with the head office and local leadership, to expand course offerings.
- Generate annual academic affairs budget and monitor relevant expenses.
- Willingness and ability to speak at public forums on the institution, academic offerings and help develop public lecture series
Profile of the Academic Director:
- A PhD or terminal degree required
- Well published in relevant fields of Study within the past five years
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, multicultural environment with international faculty, staff, students, parents, stakeholders, etc.
- Teaching experience in US higher education system and/or terminal degree from US educational institution.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Recognised track record in teaching, research, academic leadership and administration
Contract: 2 years (renewable)
Please send application or any further questions to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019