Information available to the News Desk of the Colleges of Education Weekly Journal indicates that the deadline for application into the 46 public Colleges of Education for the 2020/2021 academic year, which was scheduled for close of business, Friday, July 31, 2020, has been extended to August 15, 2020.
Interested candidates who wish to apply and gain admission into any of the 46 public Colleges of Education in the next academic year thus have three more weeks to do so. Per the schedule released a few months ago by the Conference of Principals of Colleges of Education (PRINCOF), the Admission process will no longer close on Friday, 31st July 2020.
Check This Out: UCC to offer Scholarships to Needy but Brilliant Students From 2020/2021 Academic Year
After the application process, successful candidates will be offered admission into any of the 46 public Colleges of Education they applied to offer a 4 –year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree programme with a specialization in Early Grade Education, Primary Education and Junior High School Education.
Interested candidates who wish to gain admission to any of the Colleges are to take advantage of the extension and apply.
Admission Requirements for WASSCE/SSSCE holders:
- WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
- Candidates awaiting the MAY/JUNE, 2020 WASSCE and NABPTEX RESULTS can also apply
Online Application Procedure:
Applicants will first make a payment of One Hundred and Fifteen Cedis, Fifty Pesewas (GHC115.50) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii) Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialing short code 9248# from all networks.
- Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- An Admission Application Serial Number.
- The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
- Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should, therefore, provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NB: Applicants should note that each of the forty-six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to five major public Universities and certificates would be awarded to students who complete their course of study by the affiliate University.
Source: CoE Weekly Journal
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER 0506440219
Get the WAEC Marking Schemes HERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE