Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
Job Title: Toolroom Technician
To provide an efficient tools management service for the process maintenance team to achieve effective maintenance repairs and identification and replacement of defective tools.
- Daily issuing of tools and portable hand machines
- Manage and arrange tool store.
- Ensure that tools checked out from the tool store are returned.
- Ensure tools are issued clean, safe to use and in an acceptable state to use.
- Ensure that consumables stocked in tool store are replenished as needed.
- Ensure tool containers are kept clean and organized.
- Periodic and proper accountability of tools to Workshop supervisor.
- Ensure that tools and PPE attrition rates are held to acceptable levels.
- Issue PPE items to employees. Do not issue replacement items unless it is exchanged for non-usable
- Ensure that waste generated is segregated and disposed of as required. To manage the safe operation of all tool room equipment including i.e. presses, surface grinders, power hand tools and safety gadgets/equipment etc.
- Repair or arrange to have repaired damaged or worn tools, discard tools that are not feasible to repair and report to supervisor.
Check This Out: Atebubu College of Education Recruitment 2020 – APPLY HERE!
- Any technical and vocational Trade Certificate
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the mechanical engineering field.
- Ability to identify tools
- Computer literate.
- Have good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong, dedicated work ethics.
- Knowledge of ISO procedures – relevant to the department
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Check This Out: Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment 2020 -APPLY HERE
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful/dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high-temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Protective equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, earplugs, and dust mask according to working conditions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 7th July 2020.
Check This Out: Return all Near-Expiry Food Products to NAFCO – GES to SHS Heads
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER 0506440219
National E-Learning guidelines for Pre-Tertiary Institutions Out – CHECK HERE
Get the WAEC Marking Schemes HERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE