The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably
qualified candidates for appointment as DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The Director of Finance is the head of the Finance Directorate of the University and is under the Vice-Chancellor, responsible for the management of the finances of the University.
The Director of Finance is responsible for the following:
Preparation of consolidated accounts of the units of the University
Preparation of the financial statements for the university and subsidiaries, including liaising with the external Auditor and preparing analysis to enable the financial statements to be audited.
Delivery of a first-class budgeting, financial reporting and accounting service for the University
Provision of financial leadership by ensuring that University management understands the financial implications of their decisions and actions
Ensuring that throughout the University proper books of accounts and records of the University are kept in a manner and form required by the Council
Calling for and receiving money due to the University and make on behalf of the University the authorised payments
Sourcing for funds for the University
Working with the University management to prepare business strategies, financial plans and deliver against budgets
Check This Out: JUST IN: GES Invites Teacher Unions to an Offsite Meeting on Pre-Tertiary Education Bill
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Be a Chartered Accountant
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years post professional qualification working experience
- Be a distinguished professional with the capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- Be above reproach and must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills’
- Have served in a University or an analogous institution, or in a reputable and recognised practising firm, industry, commerce and/or public sector in a managerial position
Check This Out: Suspend further deliberations on Pre- Tertiary Education Bill – Teacher Unions to Parliament
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Salaries and fringe benefits attached to the post are very attractive and will be specified in the instrument of appointment by the Council.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should download the Application Form and forward the completed form together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials and working experience;
- A statement of up to five (5) pages in standard font size 12 on how they would use their position to advance the Vision and Mission of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA);
to the following address: email@example.com
In addition, applicants are required to hand-deliver seven (7) copies of each of the above-mentioned documents to:
SEARCH COMMITTEE (POST OF DIRECTOR OF FINANCE),
C/O OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, ACCRA (UPSA),
P. O. BOX LG 149,
All applicants shall request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the Chairman, Search Committee (Post Director of Finance).
- It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that the application package reaches the designated addresses before the close of day on 17 April 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER 0506440219
Get the WAEC Marking Schemes HERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE