Ghana’s Premier University, the University of Ghana has been adjudged the country’s leading tertiary institution by the January 2019 edition of Webometrics Ranking of World Universities.
Although ranked 1st in Ghana, the nation’s premier university ranked 19th in Africa, ahead of University of Free State, South Africa (20), Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (21) and Kenyatta University, Kenya (22).
Check This Out:UG: Meet the four ladies who graduated with a first class degree in Law [Photos]
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology(KNUST) and the University of Cape Coast (UCC) have been placed on 2nd and 3rd respectively.
The University for Development Studies (UDS), Garden City University College (GCUC)
, and the University of Education Winneba (UEW) have been ranked 4th ,5th and 6th respectively.
Indicators used for the ranking were Presence, Impact, Transparency and Excellence.
The ranking featured 66 Ghanaian institutions.
According to the ranking, below are the top 20 tertiary institutions in the country;
1. University of Ghana
2. Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
3. University of Cape Coast
4. University for Development Studies
5. Garden City University College
6. University of Education Winneba
7. Ashesi University
8. Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
9. Ghana Telecom University College
10. University of Mines & Technology Tarkwa
11. Presbyterian University College
12. University of Health and Allied Sciences
13. Valley View University
14. African University College of Communications
15. Regional Maritime University
16. University of Energy and Natural Resources
17. Central University
18. Methodist University College Ghana
19. All Nations University College
20. Pentecost University College
The ranking can be assessed on www.webometrics.info/en