The Government of Ghana through the Scholarships Secretariat in collaboration with Koç University is offering scholarships for Ghanaians to study in various disciplines at the masters and doctoral levels in Turkey for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Koç University and the Scholarships Secretariat of Ghana have signed a cooperation agreement in September 2018 to provide jointly funded scholarships for Ghanaian students interested in pursuing their Master and PhD studies at Koç University.
Koç University has emerged as a center of global excellence in science and education and is uniquely positioned to explore the overlaps of Medicine, Engineering, Science, Social Sciences and Administrative Sciences to further pursue basic and applied research and attract the best students and faculty members.
Worth of Award
The scholarships cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Housing (on campus or a housing allowance)
- Monthly living expenses stipend
- Book/research allowance
- Flight tickets
Candidates must satisfy the following:
- Hold a degree in relevant field of study
- Must not be more than thirty-five (35) years of age for masters and forty-five (45) for PhD.
- 2nd Class (Upper Division) or better
- 2 years of post qualification experience (PhD candidates)
- Completed national service
- The programs that are eligible for the scholarship at Koç University are:
- Master with Thesis programs (2 years, full-time, on-campus) in all Graduate Schools
- Master without Thesis programs (1 year, full-time, on-campus) in all Graduate Schools
- PhD (Doctoral) programs (4 years, full-time, on-campus) in all Graduate Schools
- How to Apply
- Visit the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat website to apply for consideration and submit all required documents and information.
- If the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat selects you as a candidate for Koç University you will then be invited to complete the Koç University graduate online application form available within the established application periods for the relevant program.
- Koç University evaluates students based on their academic merit and potential. Applications without TOEFL and GRE exam scores will not be evaluated for admission.
- To find out program-specific application requirements and deadlines please visit the relevant Graduate School website or get in touch with our team!
Deadline: Application closes April 19, 2019.