The Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS), University of Ghana, Legon is seeking to recruit a self-motivated and highly-qualified candidate as its Communication and Advocacy Officer for its Health Cities for Adolescent (HCA) Project.
POSITION: COMMUNICATION AND ADVOCACY OFFICER
REPORTING TO: THE PROJECT DIRECTOR, HCA PROJECT, RIPS
This is a three-year full-time position to be held at the Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS), University of Ghana, Legon with frequent travel within Northern and Greater-Accra Regions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day public relations management of the project
- Providing relevant technical support for timely release of scientific and policy information for public consumption
- Mobilising logistics, human resources and the media for specialised events (e.g. adolescent clinics and retreats, workshops, seminars, summits, policy dialogues), which are major components of the project
- Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of the project’s media and public impact
- Ensuring timely reporting of project’s activities and outcomes in relevant news outlets
- Supporting the ICT Unit to mainstream social media across all components of the project
- Performing other duties, as may be assigned by project management
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in a Social Science Discipline from a globally-recognised University, obtained in not less than ten years (10 years) from the date of this advertisement. A Master’s Degree (MA/MPhil) qualification in the area of Development Studies, Population Studies, or Child Rights will be an advantage.
- In addition, the applicant must:
- have a minimum of 5 years of active working experience, some of it in the field of public relations, marketing and events management
- demonstrate clear journalistic leadership skills and able to work with limited supervision
- be aware of, and sensitive to adolescent rights and gender issues
- show strong writing and reporting skills
- be prepared to work for long hours and within diverse cultures and teams
How to Apply
Applications should include mandatory:
(1) One-page letter of motivation/interest
(2) A three-page (maximum including cover if any) up-to-date post first degree qualification curriculum vitae (CV) stating with personal data, qualifications, previous work experience and task descriptions related to above requirements,
(3) One sample of report published by candidate in a legitimate source (e.g. Journal, Newspaper).
Qualified applicants should send email applications with the subject “Communication and Advocacy Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to: The Director, Regional Institute for Population Studies, University of Ghana, Legon
Deadline for receipt of applications is close of day April 15, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and not later than April 19, 2019.