Headteachers in the Mamprusi Municipality of the North East Region are being directed to write their third term exams on the chalkboard.
The headteachers are being directed to refund monies collected from pupils or parents for the purpose of printing of exam papers for the conduct of their third term exams.
A letter dated July 5,2019 and signed by the Examination Officer of the Municipality,Mohammed Rabiu Jabah to all heads of schools suggests.
According to the letter, all headteachers who supposedly collected monies from the pupils for such purposes are to refund the monies with immediate effect.
Adding to the directive,heads of schools who supposedly contracted examination consortiums should as a matter of urgency abrogate such contracts.
Meanwhile,headteachers who go contrary to the directives shall be punished accordingly,the letter remarked.
Read Excepts from the Statement Below:
- No penny should be collected from any Pupil or Parent as fees for the various set of Examinations.
- Head teachers are at liberty to write Examination Questions on the Chalkboard.
- Head teachers who have contracted Examination Consortiums should as a matter of urgency abrogate those contracts.
- Monies collected from Pupils and Parents towards the writing of this term’s Exams should be returned to them with immediate effect. The Examination Units of GES across the country are to ensure that the monies reach Parents and report to the District Directors of Education.
- The Examination Units of the various Districts should monitor the End of Year Examinations and report outcomes to their respective Directors of Education.
The West Municipal Director of Education has directed that the above information be strictly adhered to and should any Head teacher do otherwise, he, or she, would face the full rigors of the law.