A UK aid funded programme, Transforming Teacher Education and Leaning (T-TEL), is investing about £17 million into Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana.
The fund is to enhance teaching techniques in the 38 colleges of education and some educational institutions that support them.
The programme which will last for the next four years is aimed at enhancing quality of education in the West African country.
According to an official statement, it has been designed to achieve the following goals;
1. Support colleges of education to become ‘centers of excellence’ through improve leadership, governance and training.
2. Provide funds to promote innovation and reward high quality education.
3. Promote female teachers’ development and priorities girls’ education in Ghana’s classroom.
4. Support and Train College tutors to help teachers achieve the highest standards.
5. Ensure teacher trainees get hands-on experience of teaching before they start work.
6. Support DBE curricular reform for better leaning outcomes.
7. Build coherent teacher education sector through improved coordination, guidance, research and policy guidance.
T-TELL is working with working through the Ministry of Education and other key institution such as the National Teacher Council, the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), the National Accreditation Board (NCB), the National Inspectorate Board (NIB), the Universities of Cape Coast (UCC) and Winneba (UEW).
At the end of the four-year, Ghana’s Teacher training institutions should have seen;
• Improved governance, management and pedagogical direction in all 38 colleges of education.
• 929 tutors effectively using T-TEL teaching and learning materials for lessons and tutorials
• Over 35,000 better trained teachers, prepared and motivated for career dedicated to improve young mind.
• Investment of about 2 million Euros directed to encourage innovation across the education sector through a Challenge Fund and Payment by Results Fund.
Submit any breaking News, campus Filla , Event Promotion or Advertisement ,or Inquiries on Any of our Publications to the Editor@Educationghana.net or via our WhatsApp Number 0506440219 For Publication.