School of Nursing and Midwifery
Access Course in the School of Nursing and Midwifery is a six (6) week program to enable General Nurses, Midwives, Public Health Nurses, Mental Health Nurses and Community Health Nurses who already hold certificates or diplomas to enroll onto degree programmes (Sandwich) in their respective areas in the University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho. The point of entry will be level 200.
- All applicants MUST hold a certificate accredited by Nursing and Midwifery Council, Ghana
- Applicants MUST hold certificate(s) in any of the following: Community Health Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing or HATS Certificate (EN), Midwifery certificate Post – CHN and Post – EN and Post HAC Midwifery
- Applicants MUST have practiced in their chosen fields for three (3) years or more.
- A holder of a diploma from a Ministry of Health Training Institution with a final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 2.00 or better may apply.
School of Public Health
Access Course in the School of Public Health is a six (6) to eight (8) week program to enable certificate or diplomas holders in Public Health and other related areas to enrol onto degree programmes (Regular) in their respective areas in the School of Public Health, University of Health and Allied Sciences, Hohoe. The point of entry will be level 200.
- A holder of a certificate from Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service training schools, Ministry of Local Government institutions and other accredited health training schools who have practiced for three years or more may apply. These shall include: Community Health Nurses, Auxiliary Nurses and Midwives, Health Assistants(Clinical) certificate holders working as Environmental Health Officers, certificate or diploma holders working as Environmental Health Assistants, Nutrition Officers, Disease Control Officers and Health Information Officers as well as Officers in closely related fields such as Statistics, Sociology and Demography.
- A holder of a diploma in any Health Care discipline or Environmental Health discipline with an FGPA of 1.50 or above and have served in a Health Care position or an Environmental Health position for three years or more may apply.
- A holder of diploma degree awarded by recognized teacher training colleges, who taught for three years or more, may apply.
- Holders of Certificates/Diplomas in any of the health care disciplines or environmental health disciplines and related fields who have practiced for three years or more may apply.
- Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- In addition, international applicants must satisfy the professional entry requirements determined by the relevant professional body.
- The point of entry is Level 200.