School of Public Health, University of Ghana, is pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programmes, with a focus on Implementation Research, for the 2016/2017 academic year, commencing August 2016.
- Master’s Degree Scholarships (12 months – Fulltime)
- Master’s in Public Health
- MSc Applied Health and Social Sciences
- MSc Occupational Health/Hygiene
- PhD Scholarships (48 months – Fulltime)
The scheme provides scholarships for fulltime studies. Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle-income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle-income countries. Further information on implementation research is available from: www.who.int/tdr/publications/topics/ir-toolkit/en/
10 Master’s and 5 PhD scholarships will be offered for the 2016/2017 academic year in the programmes listed above.
· Nationals and residents from low- and middle income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO African Region.
· Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master’s programme, and under 40 years of age for the PhD.
· Meet the standard University admission requirements for international graduate students.
· For postgraduate admission requirements at University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page.
*Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa, female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health and covers:
· Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
· Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance
· Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost
· Provision of a laptop computer
· Allowance toward recommended learning materials
· Support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection
· Intensive English language course to improve integration in the host institution environment, if applicable (for Francophone and Lusophone students)
How to Apply
Applications for the TDR international postgraduate scholarship must be submitted online at:http://admission.ug.edu.gh/tdr .
Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University of Ghana: http://admission1.ug.edu.gh/freshstudents/index.php/graduate-admissions/apply-now.html
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS 31st January, 2016
Calender for Application
|Date the call for applications is posted on line||1st December, 2015|
|Deadline for application||31st January, 2016|
|Announcement of selection result||28th February, 2016|
Applicants will have 7 calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student is unable to take the scholarship. University of Ghana reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if any information provided in support of the application is false.
For more information on the scheme at the University of Ghana, please contact:
|Ms Empi Baryeh
Tel nr: +233 303 930 436 Ext 1025
Mobile nr: +233 26 544 9618
|Mrs Abena Engmann
Mobile nr: +233 24 427 6201