Teacher after their bad moments with the University of Cape coast concerning the introduction of its new policy and the adverse effect on students.
Recently during the emergency meeting,it has been confirmed that ONLY students with the single referral problems could be pardoned.
Though many students were of the view that they may all be called back to school,it is confirmed that only students with single failed papers will be pardoned.
A statement released by the Teacher trainees Association of Ghana has more on the outcome…….read the statement below..
TEACHER TRAINEES’ ASSOCIATION OF GHANA – TTAG.
STATEMENT OF INFORMATION
Greetings from the National Secretariat to the entire membership of TTAG.
On behalf of the National Council of Patrons and National Executive Council, I humbly write to address all Teacher Trainees in Ghana.
With regards to the issue of withdrawal of students in the various Colleges of Education Nationwide base on poor academic performance, I humbly implore all Teacher Trainees in Ghana to take notice of the following resolutions which were agreed upon by stakeholders to Colleges of Education taking cognizance of the withdrawal issue ;
1. A student who had only one referral after the September supplementary examination is obliged to register for an emergency supplementary examination from now up to 17th of December 2015.
2. A student who had one referred paper and did not or could not register for the normal September supplementary examination is also obliged to register for an emergency supplementary examination from now up to 17th of December 2015.
3. All candidates are to do the registration with the Director of Institute of Education, UCC through Banker’s Draft.
4. The emergency supplementary examination is scheduled on the 22nd of December 2015.
The leadership of TTAG would like to implore all students who fall within either of these categories of issues to do well and fulfill all the accepted requirements. Failure to abide by this can cost you your withdrawal or repetition.
The National Executive Council(NEC) has resolved on the following ;
1. Teachers Trainees in Ghana should follow the appropriate procedure with due diligence to register our displeasure but not radicalism and vandalism.
2. All students in the various Colleges of Education Nationwide are obliged to take their ACADEMIC WORK SERIOUSLY.
We are very much grateful to all stakeholders to Colleges of Education in Ghana for considering our petition to take a second look at the new Educational policy.