The National Teaching Council has outlined New Standards for conducting the Infamous National Best Teacher Award.
The National Teaching Council has indicated that the Minister of Education has directed it’s outfit to organize this year’s National Best Teacher Award which shall be known as the Ghana Teacher Prize .
Ghana Teacher Prize 2018
The Ghana Teacher Prize 2018 shall adopt International Standards to honor outstanding Teachers who have exhibited exemplary Leadership and ground -breaking work that have imparted and transformed the lives of students.
The Ghana Teacher Prize shall be open to all teachers both in the Public and Private Schools in the Country.
The Process shall be Spiral,thus the nomination of Teachers shall start at the District Level and move to the Regional Level and Finally at the National Level.
Criteria for the 2018 Ghana Teacher Prize
The Ghana Teacher Prize will be judged on a rigorous set of Criteria to identify an extraordinary who has made an outstanding contribution to the Profession as follows :
- Achieving demonstrable Student Learning outcomes in the Classroom.(E.g.Through the Improvement of Students grades,Students attendance/Behaviors ,Students becoming higher achievers in further Education or in the world of work ;and enabling students to have as many options as possible to fulfil their potentials)
2. Employing Innovative and Effective instructional practices that are replicable and Scalable to influence the quality of Education Globally. (E.g. Through Innovative use of Technology and non-typical instructional techniques that can be replicated in other Classrooms within the same context)
3. Recognition of a Teacher’s achievements in the Classroom and beyond from Pupils, Colleagues, Headteachers members of the wider community. (E.g.Through Local /National Teacher Awards;Recognition of Local /National Press or Academic Publications ;References or Testimonials from High Achieving Students ,Peers or Principals;Active senior level membership of an external organisation or board that furthers an element of Education)
4. Helping Children become Global Citizens through Providing them with a Value-based Education ,which equips young people with life and work skills, and prepare them for a world where they would encounter people from many nationalities,Cultures and Religions. (E. g. Arranging work placements or other Introductions to the World of Work ;Linking up with Schools in other Parts of the World ;and Promoting Students exchange Programmes )
5. Achievements in the Community beyond the Classroom that Provides unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession and others. (E.g. Recognition through Community Awards, talks, Seminars;membership of Local organizations, written contributions in media, with a Focus on bringing the ccommunity into your Classroom to widen students’ experiences.)
6. Encouraging Teachers to stay in the Profession and develop their Skills as well as encouraging others to join the Profession. (E.g.Teaching of mentoring teachers at your School or Training College; Contributing to Public Debates on the Teaching Profession,wherether through speaking engagements,writing articles, blogs, media participation, Social media campaigns,events or Conferences;or other examples of practice that have been elevated the status of teaching in your Country)