UEW Security wishes the entire University community a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year. In a few days, the University will be breaking for the Christmas and New Year holidays. We would like you to enjoy the festive season and return to work in the same safe secure and serene mood. Together we can achieve this.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Before You Leave:
- Switch off all electrical gadgets, such as fridges, computers, printers, air conditioners etc, in the office.
- Switch off all lights in the offices.Secure all doors and windows in the offices.
- Hand over the keys to the offices to the designated Security Office.
- Notify UEW Security Directorate in writing if you intend to visit the office during the break.
- You may leave your contact details with Security if you expect a visitor during the break period.
During the Break Period:
- If you intend to travel, have your car checked by a competent mechanic for total road worthiness, even if it appears good to you.
- Whiles driving, beware of speed limits. Remember that if you are in a hurry, the surest way of getting “there” is to move slowly. Start your journey early.
- Also beware of bad road surfaces which may have become worse since your last visit.
- Beware of drunken drivers who will swear to God they are not drunk.
- You are the safest driver on the road. Drive defensively.
- Always remember your life is precious to UEW. Keep it for us.
WHAT THE UEW SECURITY WILL DO
The UEW Security will continue to perform its routine functions during the break period.
Additionally, the following measures have been put in place.
- There will be increased UEW Security Motorcycle patrols during the day to cover all posts on campus.
- There will be joint UEW/Police mobile patrols with the Winneba Police throughout the period. The police command has consented to deploy armed policemen with the UEW patrol team every night.
- The Police Patrol teams will patrol the campuses each night as part of their municipal patrol task. (Operation Father Christmas).
- The police Standby team is on call to assist UEW Security 24/7.
WHERE TO GET HELP
The following numbers may be called when in need of help.
|1||0202041110||COL AK ASARE||DIRECTOR OF SECURITY|
|2||0244526524||MR.SK OKAI||ASST REG SEC OPERATIONS|
|3||0240974966/0272013819||INSP MARTEY||WINNEBA POLICE OPERATTIONS|
|4||0203303613||CPL THOMAS BONCHIE||WINNEBA POLICE OPERATIONS|
|5||0244210268||GP 1& 2||POLICE PATROL VEHICLES|
|7||0540486639||SOUTH CAMPUS OFFICE||DUTY OFFICER|
|8||0268066020||NORTH CAMPUS OFFICE||DUTY OFFICER|
You may contact any patrol team for assistance anytime anywhere.