Level 300 Students of Akatsi College of Education(AKATSICO) are alleginging that their ICT Examination paper has been ‘touched’ by somebody.A reason why they could fail in the paper and fail in the resit again.
In an interview with EducationGhana.net ,the leader of the supposed affected students stated that there was a threat from their ICT Lecture to fail them because they did not pay for his handouts that he solfd to them .
According to the students,the lecture made it clear to them that ”who ever fails you can not help you to pass”. This statement made the students to believe that he has a hand in their failure,
The students are thereby calling on the University of Cape Cost to take a second look at the papers so as to help them detect the cause of their failure.
Read the interview below:
”We as concern trainees plead to administration of Institute Of Education (University of Cape Coast) to call for neutral examiners to re-examine the ICT paper for colleges of Education both the end of semester exams and the resit papers.
The following are some of the reasons.
1. We were being threatened by our course tutor to fail us if we didn’t pay for his handout.
2. He also refuse to show us the marking scheme of the end of the semester exams
3. He said “Since he is the chief examiner, he will do all things possible to get his money back whether we like or not!”
4. He passed a comment that “Someone who made you to fail cannot make you to pass” which was the response he gave to a trainee after he requested to see the marking scheme.
5. There was some little misunderstanding between students and the tutors in the college which makes some of the tutors to hold us at heart.
6. Now upon a critical look at things, you will observe that one college is highly affected, and why not other colleges too?
This are just a few but laudable reasons why ICT paper must be re-mark or investigate. Also institute must give as a marking scheme to confirm that we are wrong because we are still in doubt.
(Concern Trainee) says on an interview.
It has never happen before so this issue or press must be given a laudable consideration.
Now this is the question on my mind for some weeks now. Is education for only the rich?
Please University of Cape Coast should try and bridge the gab between the poor and the rich in turns of education.”Education always get retarded in Africa due to the selfishness and corruption on the side of some Scholars and Educationists but not necessarily learners”.