Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces its seventh annual International Essay Contest, open to teachers and students anywhere in the world. As part of Carnegie Council’s Ethics for a Connected World project, thought leaders are asked to answer a series of questions about the greatest ethical challenges facing the planet.
This year, students and teachers are asked to write about one of three selected Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs will replace the Millennium Development Goals when they expire at the end of 2015. (There are a total of 17 SDGs. For a concise rundown of all of them, click here).
Essay Topic: Focusing on one of the following SDGs, propose specific measures for your country (or region or city) to reach the goal’s objectives in the next 15 years.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls; OR
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts; OR
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Word document, or email. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
- This competition is open to teachers and students of all nationalities.
- All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
- All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible.
- Non-students are automatically disqualified.
- Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
Entry Deadline: January 5 2016
How to Enter:
Email your entries to carnegiecontest2015[at]cceia.org.
Include your full name, full address, email, age, name of your school, whether you are a teacher or a student, and if a student, what level (high school, undergraduate, graduate level).
Visit Contest page for details to apply
Founded by Andrew Carnegie in 1914, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is an educational, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that produces lectures, publications, and multimedia materials on the ethical challenges of living in a globalized world.Submit any breaking News, campus Filla , Event Promotion or Advertisement ,or Inquiries on Any of our Publications to Education.firstname.lastname@example.org or via our WhatsApp Number 0506440219 For Publication.